Careers at Topcon in the UK
Technical/application specialist (sales)
Topcon Healthcare Solutions England, United Kingdom
This role is field-based with many tasks possible remotely however, site visits will be required on occasion.
As a technical sales specialist With THS you are responsible for managing the sales process for independent optical practices and eye clinics. You will work closely with our customers to understand their needs and use your knowledge of our products to plan seamless integrations and workflows.
Topcon Healthcare’s novel, vendor-neutral data management solution will be your area of expertise. You will be experienced in the healthcare sector and be enthusiastic with a passion to learn every technical detail of the product.
You excel at coordinating technical tasks and managing relationships with both customer and internal stakeholders. You will work closely with the technical team at Topcon Great Britain Medical and with the Global software team in Finland, where all our platform products are developed.
Your main duties would be following up leads, demoing our software products, investigating, planning, designing, and closing and implementing customer solutions. Topcon Healthcare’s technical team will rely on your knowledge of business cases to achieve the right outcome for all parties and although you will be given the tools to provide a solution end to end, you will have a much wider team to collaborate with on all your projects.
Your tasks would include but not limited to:-
- Following up leads
- Documenting specification of customer needs
- Sales demos
- Closing agreements
- Deployment of smaller projects throughout the UK working with deployment specialists where required.
- Liaising with the UK solution manager to deliver larger projects
- Providing training and support to customers
The ideal candidate would have some or all of the following experience and skills:
- Experience in sales of medical devices or software products
- Technical experience with software or medical devices
- Comfortable presenting and demoing products remotely and in-person
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Be self-driven and able to follow through
- Be able to understand and ascertain customer requirements
- Ability to understand and analyse customer needs
- Knowledge of healthcare standards (DICOM/HL7/FHIR and Medical device requirements (MDD)
- Knowledge of HTML/XML/Linux/Windows/SQL would be advantageous
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]